Being able to manually adjust your customers' loyalty balances gives you greater control over rewarding your customers with the ability to add or remove points.
HOW TO ADJUST POINTS BALANCES
1. From the Customers tab, search the customer's name.
2. Select the customer's profile by clicking on their name.
3. Click Adjust Points Balance at the top right of the page.
4. Under Points Adjustment enter the amount you would like to change the balance by (if you would like to decrease the balance, please enter a negative number)
5. Under Comment enter a reason for the adjustment (this is for internal use only).
6. Select whether you'd like to send an email to your customer informing them of the adjustment. This will not include the comment you have entered.
7. Click Apply Points Adjustment.
The customer's points balance will be changed and the manual adjustment will appear as a line item in their activity history.
If you have selected to send the customer an email, it will appear in their inbox informing them that they just earned points along with their new balance.
COMMON REASONS TO Manually ADJUST POINTS BALANCES
- To reward a good review
- To thank a customer for posting on social media
- To make up for bad service
- For a mistake at point-of-sale
- For returned goods (for more information on how Loyalty interacts with point-of-sale for refunds check out How to Adjust Loyalty Points when your Customers Return Goods)