If you previously used Vend Loyalty, you may want to import the loyalty dollars of your customers into the Collect Loyalty system.
The key thing to remember when importing your Vend loyalty dollars to Collect Loyalty is that the rate of earning dollars in Vend may be different to earning points in Collect, if so, you will need to change the balances before importing.
PREPARING YOUR CSV FILE FOR IMPORT
1. Export a .csv file of your customer database from Vend from the Customers page by clicking Export Customers.
2. Open your .csv file and delete all columns that are not first_name, last_name, loyalty_balance, and email.
3. Edit your .csv file to have the order and headings below:
To ensure your .csv file imports correctly, please check that the headings match exactly, all of the fields for each record are filled out, and that there are no extra fields.
CHANGING YOUR BALANCES
In Collect Loyalty, your customers earn one point for every dollar they spend. To match the earning rate of Collect Loyalty, you will need to multiply your customers' Vend Loyalty dollars by the amount they spend to earn each dollar. E.g. if your customers earn 1 loyalty dollar for every $10 they spend, you will multiply your customers' Vend Loyalty balances by 10.
You can check the rate your customers earn in Vend Loyalty dollars, by clicking on Setup in the side panel of your point-of-sale, then click Loyalty.
Update Vend Loyalty balances to new balances for collect Loyalty:
1. Multiply the first number by the earning rate in the cell to the right of the PointsBalance column. Example:
2. Drag this formula all the way down the column to the last entry.
Tip: Double clicking the small square in the bottom right corner of the cell does this automatically.
3. Highlight the new column and copy.
4. To paste the values only into a new column: Right click, click Paste Special and select Paste Values Only.
5. Add the heading PointsBalance to column F.
6. Delete Columns D and E.
The Vend Loyalty balances for your customers will now match the rate at which customers earn points in Collect Loyalty.
TO IMPORT YOUR CSV FILE
1. Go to the Customers page in Collect Loyalty.
2. Click on Actions.
3. Click on Import from CSV.
4. Click on Choose File.
5. Select the .csv file from your computer and click Open.
6. Click Upload .csv.
Your .csv file will import into Collect Loyalty and add your customers' balances to your customer database.
Please note: Points balances from the .csv file will be added to existing balances in Collect Loyalty. These will not override current balances.
If you need a hand at all, please send your .csv file to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help.