Having physical membership cards can save you time at checkout, allowing you to identify your customers by scanning a code.
TO SET UP PHYSICAL MEMBERSHIP CARDS
First, you will need to source cards that do not include a built-in loyalty program from a third-party.
Please Note: You will need to ensure these are scannable cards. Collect does not supply physical cards as we have an integration with Apple Wallet.
Then from the Vend Sell screen, either:
a) Edit an existing customer:
1. Search for the customer, select their profile, and click Edit information.
2. Overwrite the current customer code with the code on the physical card and click Save changes.
b) Add a new customer:
1. Click Create new customer.
2. Enter the customer's First name, Last name, and Email.
3. Click Show more fields
4. Select Customer Code, then click Update fields.
5. Enter the code to match the code on the physical card and click Create new customer.
The card number will be saved to that customer's account which you can use to search for the customer in Vend.
USING PHYSICAL MEMBERSHIP CARDS IN STORE
After the customer is set up in Vend, simply scan their membership card to apply them to the sale. Collect will recognize the customer's email address and will automatically sync their purchase information into your customer database.