If you have a customer database from a previous, unintegrated, Point-of-Sale or eCommerce platform, you will need to import these customers into your new platform.
You can import your customers directly into Collect Loyalty to create accounts for them in your customer database.
Once imported, you will be able to search and add customers to sales in your Pont-of-Sale.
Please Note: Collect is unable to create customer accounts for eCommerce systems because these require unique passwords, however your customers will be in your Loyalty system and will start earning points immediately.
PREPARING YOUR CSV FILE FOR IMPORT
1. Export a .csv file of your customer database from your old point-of-sale or eCommerce platform.
2. Edit your .csv file to have the headings below:
To ensure your .csv file imports correctly, could you please check that the headings match exactly, all of the fields for each record are filled out, and that there are no extra fields.
Please Note: If your customers do not have a current loyalty balance, you will need to enter this value as 0 for these customers, otherwise the .csv file will not import.
FOR EXISTING LOYALTY PROGRAMS
If you are migrating from an existing loyalty program to Collect, you may want your customers to retain their current points balance, and the ratio of this balance may be different from Collect.
In Collect Loyalty, your customers earn one point for every dollar they spend. If your customers previously earned points at a different rate, then you will need to change this to match the new system.
E.g. if your customers currently earn 1 point for every $10 they spend, you would multiply the current balance by 10. Similarly, if your customers previously earned 5 points for every dollar they spent, you would divide the balance by 5.
To change the balances of your customers' accounts in a .csv file to the new balances for Loyalty:
1. Click into Column E next to the first numerical entry.
2. Multiply or divide the number in the PointsBalance cell by typing =D2*X where D2 is the first number in the PointsBalance column, multiply is the * OR divide is / and X is the number you want to multiply or divide by. In the example, we are multiplying the points balance.
3. Click and drag this formula all the way down the column to the last entry.
Tip: Double clicking the small square in the bottom right corner of the cell does this automatically.
4. Highlight this column and copy.
5. To paste the values only into a new column: Right click, click Paste Special and select Paste Values Only.
6. Add the heading PointsBalance to column F.
7. Delete Columns D and E.
The points balances for your customers will now match the rate at which customers earn points in Collect Loyalty.
Note: Please ensure that points are rounded to 0 decimal places.
TO IMPORT YOUR CSV FILE
1. Go to the Customers page in Collect Loyalty.
2. Click on Actions.
3. Click on Import from CSV.
4. Click on Choose File.
5. Select the .csv file from your computer and click Open.
6. Click Upload .csv.
Your .csv file will import to Loyalty and sync automatically with your point-of-sale system creating customer accounts in both.
If you need a hand at all, please send your .csv file to email@example.com and we'll be happy to help.