Each time a loyalty customer makes a purchase, Collect Loyalty automatically rewards loyalty points.
But what happens to your customer's loyalty points balance if they return goods and require a refund?
You can manually adjust your customer's loyalty points balance in your Collect Loyalty Dashboard under your Customers page.
Note: You'll need to keep record of the customer's name, email address and cost of the item returned.
Manually Adjust Points after a refund
1. From your Customers page, search the customer's name:
2. Click into the customer's profile by clicking their name.
3. Click Adjust Points Balance:
A pop-up box will appear. Here, you'll be able to adjust the customer's loyalty points accordingly.
4. Add a minus sign and the number of loyalty points being deducted from the return (e.g. -10).
Convert the cost of the item returned into loyalty points.
Remember: $1 = 1 loyalty point.
Note: Loyalty points are rounded, so if your customer's item cost $12.30 they would have received 12 loyalty points.
5. Add text to the 'Comment' section to keep better track of the customer's loyalty activity. e.g. 'Returned item, loyalty points balance reduced.'
6. Select whether you'd like to send an email to the customer with the points adjustment.
7. Select 'Apply Points Adjustment' to save the new loyalty points balance and return to the customer's profile.
You can now see the adjusted points balance under the customer's profile and Description history.
Now your customer's loyalty points balance has been updated for their returned item and they will see an updated balance in their Customer Profile.